Points to look for in a jigsaw review so that you can find a perfect tool for your job
Jigsaw is used to make straight and curved cuts in a variety of material including wood, particleboard, plywood, plastic, metal and even ceramic materials. This tool is preferred because of the safety and user-friendly aspects of this tool. They are available in quite a few varieties depending on the blade shape and structure and the purpose for which this tool is being used.
Difference between a jigsaw and a circular jigsaw
The jigsaw has a flat straight blade as compared to the round jigsaw which has a circular blade which can rotate. Both are quite useful and preferred according to the purpose of the job.
How thick can a regular jigsaw cut
Regular jigsaws usually can cut up to almost an inch in thickness but the penetrance capability also depends on who is operating the device. If you are efficient enough then you can gradually cut down the material of any given thickness but this requires time. If you want to work faster choose a sharply bladed jigsaw and it will cut up to an inch quite easily.
Points to consider in a jigsaw review while looking for the best jigsaw tool
While you are looking for a jigsaw tool first understand your demands from the tool, that is why you need it, for which material you are going to use it and of course what efficiency you expect from the tool. Once you have a clear idea on these then look for the following points.
- The jigsaw you are purchasing should have a zero-angle cut. This helps you to get the most highly efficient blades while operating at a 45-degree angle during the cutting process. Also check the jigsaw review before buying the product.
- Choose the blade of the jigsaw as per your demands. If you want to have a fine cute then choose a blade which has its teeth downwards. This helps to cut down material and give fine smooth results.
- While buying a jigsaw check the length of the cable as this also will determine the ease of operation. It is suggested that you choose nothing less than 3 meters.
- The tool should accept both U and T shank blade, this helps you to switch between blades as per your need.
- If your tool comes with a magnetic blade storage system that is an added advantage.
- The speed of the jigsaw should be controllable and range somewhere near 800 to 3000 strokes per minute. A higher range gives you more flexibility during operation.
- A lock on switch provides increased comfort during cutting of materials.
- Jigsaw tools often have two to three years warranty on them so do not settle for a brand which offers a 6 months warranty.
- Jigsaw tools with fast insertion and low vibration are preferred as they ease the way of operation.
- Red light to show the mode of operation is not an essential part of a jigsaw tool but often handy in nature.
Hopefully, these points will be helpful while choosing a jigsaw tool for your work. You can also go through the brand specific review of a jigsaw to know details about that particular product.